HistoryMiami (formerly the Historical Museum of Southern Florida) is contributing to the Digital Library of the Caribbean project from their archives.
HistoryMiami (formerly the Historical Museum of Southern Florida) tells the stories of South Florida and the Caribbean. The museum promotes understanding of the past in order to inform the present and create a better quality of life.
HistoryMiami is one of the largest private, regional history museums in the country, recognized for excellence in programming and management by the Florida Department of State and national museum services organizations.
HistoryMiami has been accredited by the American Association of Museums since 1979.
- Number of objects in the museum's collection: 13,783 + 540 cubic feet
- Number of archaeological reference artifacts in the museum's collection: more than 6,850
- Number of prints and photographs in museum's Research Center: 1.1 million
- Number of museum employees: 25
- Future museum branch: Miami Circle