- Permanent Link:
- Co-Pilots or Backseat Drivers? Perspectives of Vendors & Library Workers on Vendor Services
- Series Title:
- Charleston Conference
- Gallagher, Erin
- Charleston Conference
- Publication Date:
- Physical Description:
- Conference presentation
- Vendors and library workers coexist in a mostly mutually beneficial ecosystem, but we donâ€™t always feel that weâ€™re on the same journey. We share the same goalsâ€“for libraries to succeedâ€“but the buyer/seller power dynamic often positions us at odds with each other in achieving these goals. Itâ€™s far too easy to find ourselves traveling on divergent paths. Is this the unfortunate reality of our profession or a false, yet persistent, narrative?
Join an enthusiastic panel of four professionals with interests in exploring and transforming narratives around vendors and library workers. Participants will get a sneak preview into the results of a global survey of vendor service expectations that gathered perceptions of both library workers and vendors. Rather than focusing on projects, products, or systems, this large-scale, comprehensive survey illuminates overall vendor service expectations. Do vendors understand librariesâ€™ shifting priorities? What services do library workers genuinely value, and which are less important? Do we really want those fancy dinners?
The panelists, representing a large research university, a liberal arts college, a consortium, and a streaming video vendor, will share diverse perspectives and plenty of frank discussion. Participants, both vendors and library workers alike, will enrich their partnerships by gaining a deeper awareness of the values and services prioritized by library workers, and the corresponding perceptions of vendors around library workersâ€™ priorities. And participants will join the fun by sharing their own responses to survey questions via live audience polling. The journey may not always go smoothly, but weâ€™re in it together!
- Collected for University of Florida's Institutional Repository by the UFIR Self-Submittal tool. Submitted by Erin Gallagher.
- Source Institution:
- University of Florida Institutional Repository
- Holding Location:
- University of Florida
- Rights Management:
- Copyright Creator/Rights holder. Permission granted to University of Florida to digitize and display this item for non-profit research and educational purposes. Any reuse of this item in excess of fair use or other copyright exemptions requires permission of the copyright holder.